SPIRAL WOUND GASKETS
Characteristics of Spirometallic Gaskets
- The Spirometallic Gaskets consist of a metallic flange with a “V” profile wound in a spiral shape and relleno made of white material.< /li>
- The blando material gives the spirometallic gasket watertightness properties and the metallic flange provides the rigidity properties.
- The combination of these types of materials makes the spirometallic gaskets an ideal product for sealing fluids at high temperatures (hasta 1000ºC) and under high pressure conditions (up to 250ºC)
CGI Spiral Wound Gasket (with an inner ring)
Types of Spiral Wound Gaskets
- Type R: soft material (WITHOUT metal strip)
- Type IR: soft material + interior metal strip
- Type CG: soft material + exterior metal strip
- Type CGI: interior metal strip + soft material + exterior metal strip.
The exterior metal strip is usually carbon steel and its function is to centralize the flange.
The interior ring helps to avoid internal tension. As it is in contact with the fluid, it must be made of the same material as the spiral strip and compatible with the fluid.
For the filling material, we recommend the use of graphite for temperatures ranging from 550ºC to -200ºC in most cases.
Types of Spiral Wound
Materials for Spirometallic Gaskets
- For Fleje and anillos:
- Acer al carbon
- Stainless steels: 304, 304L, 316L, 316Ti, 321, etc.
- Others: Aluminium, Silver, Copper, Titanium, Nickel, Monel, Inconel, etc.
- For Relleno:
- Asbestos free fiber
Standards for the manufacture of Spirometallic Gaskets
- API 601
- ASME B16.20
- DIN. 2690, 2691, 2692, standard SPW1
- BS 3381
Measures for Spirometallic Gaskets
- API 605
- ASME B16.15, ASME B16.47
- DIN 2513, DIN2512
- BS 1560
We can manufacture spirometallic gaskets made to order according to the customer’s instructions: made to order rims, ovals, etc.