BELPAMICA MICA SHEETS
- Mica (vermiculite) is a natural product of aluminium silicate complexes; it is characterized by its layered morphology and an almost perfect basic division. The structure is highly flexible and of great elasticity and hardness. It has excellent thermal stability and chemical resistance.
- The BelpaMica mica sheet is a material for high temperatures, which consists of compressed exfoliated mica on a sheet of perforated 316 stainless steel with no type of binding material.
- Mica is used for high temperature and low pressure gaskets; it’s especially designed for uses where the temperature, together with the fluid and the environment, may cause corrosion in materials such as graphite.
- It is recommended for high temperature turbines, turbochargers, high temperature heat exchangers, dry warm-air installations, and generally in high temperature applications.
- In the automotive industry, mica is used for exhaust pipes and engines.
- In the chemical, petrochemical, and refinery industries, mica is used for processes which operate at high temperatures (mainly pyrolysis and catalysis).
Technical Data for BelpaMica Mica
|Plate format||1000 x 1200||mm|
|Thicknesses||1, 1.5, 2, 3||mm|
|Compressibility ASTM F36 A||25 / 30||%|
|Elastic recovery ASTM F36A||>25||%|
Transverse tensile strength
|Gas permeability DIN 3535/6||<1.7||cm3/min|
Relaxation 50 Mpa / 300ºC