What are Flange Covers?
- Flange covers are safety elements, their primary mission is to prevent corrosive, toxic or dangerous fluid projections that escape under pressure as a spray, due to leaks in the flanges of pipes and installations.< /li>
- Made with high quality materials, they provide high chemical resistance.
- In Industrial and Naval Gaskets we manufacture completely made-to-measure according to the needs of the client, adapting to the measurements of the flanges, whether according to international standards or outside of them.
- Flange Covers do not prevent leaks, but they do prevent accidents, major damage, corrosion and breakdowns. They allow to redirect the leak, identify it and put a solution to it.
- Once the leak is repaired, the equipment can be restarted.
Uses of Bridle Covers
- The flange cover is an element to contain and control spills or leaks so that escapes are controlled.
- These projections and splashes represent a risk to the safety of people. The importance of shielding the joints has been recognized and thus protect people against the risks of burns or against the danger of explosion due to the formation of mists in ATEX atmospheres.
- The flange covers are NOT designed to contain the leak, but to prevent the risks posed by the projection of these fluids on people, avoiding the sprinkling of a leak and generating a controlled drip.
- Not only joints can fail, but also unions: low tightening torques, loads that are too high, weak and inadequate materials and bolt lubrication, inadequate design or material of the flanges themselves, etc.
Types of Flange Covers
|PTFE + PVC
|PVC + PTFE
|PTFE + LEAK INDICATOR
|PVC + EXPANDED PTFE
|STAINLESS STEEL + EXPANDED PTFE
|STAINLESS STEEL + 450º INSULATION