METHACRYLATE (PMMA or Plexiglass®)
Methacrylate (PMMA) is an industrial thermoplastic similar to glass; it’s colourless and highly durable. It has the highest impact resistance standard.
- High resistance to impacts .
- Resistant to bad weather, inclement weather and UVA rays. Does not yellow .
- It is considered a thermal and acoustic insulator
- It weighs half than glass . Its density is 1190 kg / m3, being somewhat heavier than water. li >
- It has a great hardness (similar to that of aluminum).
- It is delicate, as it scratches easily , but is easily repaired with a polishing paste.
- It is easy to burn, it is not self-extinguishing (it does not extinguish when removed from the fire).
- Methacrylate sheets are very flexible, but they do not have to bend (this requires local heat above 80ºC).
- Does not resist ethyl acetate, acetone, acetic acid, sulfuric acid and amyl alcohol.
- Methacrylate is easy to work on : it can be drilled, sanded, split or cut with mechanical tools.
- It is the most transparent plastic, (transparency of practically 93%).
- Manufacture of protective covers for machinery, lamps, signs, advertising signs, compartments and glazing for doors
- Visual communication applications, architecture and interior design
- Manufacture of covered walkways, bus canopies , vaults and skylights, etc.
We design your Screen to Measure. Also cut to size according to needs.
Technical data for Methacrylate (PMMA)
|Elongation at break||2.5 / 5||%|
|Rockwell hardness||92||M scale|
|Tensile modulus||2400/3300||N / mm2|
|Impact Resistance||16/32||J * m-1|
|Linear thermal coefficient||70 * 10-6 / 77 * 10-6 K-1|
|Continuous use temperature||-40 / 50 (90 spot)||ºC|
|Density||1.2||gr / cm3|
|Water absorption||& lt; 0.2||%|
|UV resistance||EXCELLENT (does not yellow, does not crack)|