METHACRYLATE (PMMA or Plexiglass®)
Methacrylate (PMMA) is an industrial thermoplastic similar to glass; it’s colourless and highly durable. It has the highest impact resistance standard.
- Extremely high impact resistance
- Good fire protection ratings
- Excellent weather resistance: it does not fade or crack under UV rays
- Moldable, glueable and weldable
- Highly resistant to chemicals
- Optimum mechanical characteristics
- Usable at temperatures ranging from 90ºC to -40ºC
- Density of 1.2gr/cm3
- Manufacturing protective covers for machinery, lamps, signs, billboards, compartments and door glass
- Visual communication applications, architecture and interior decorating
- Manufacturing of covered causeways, bus-stop shelters, domes and skylights, etc.
We design your screen to measure. Also cut to size according to needs.
Technical data for Methacrylate (PMMA)
|Elongation at break||2.5 / 5||%|
|Rockwell hardness||92||M scale|
|Tensile modulus||2400/3300||N / mm2|
|Impact Resistance||16/32||J * m-1|
|Linear thermal coefficient||70 * 10-6 / 77 * 10-6 K-1|
|Continuous use temperature||-40 / 50 (90 spot)||ºC|
|Density||1.2||gr / cm3|
|Water absorption||& lt; 0.2||%|
|UV resistance||EXCELLENT (does not yellow, does not crack)|