Natural Rubber · Caramel Rubber (NR) · Antacid Gum
- The rubber or gum natural, also called rubber or candy gum is excellent for its recovery properties .
- Offers good resistance to most inorganic salts and weak acids and bases.
- However it is not recommended for use with oils and solvents, or where exposure to ozone, oxygen or >sunlight is noticeable.
- It has excellent mechanical properties and high resistance to abrasion.
- Due to its chemical properties, it is known as antacid rubber
|Indentation hardness||Shore A||ASTM D2240||43|
|Breaking load||MPa||ASTM D412||20,0|
|Elongation at break||%||ASTM D412||650|
|Abrasion resistance||mm3||DIN 53516 (5N)||80|
|Temperatures||ºC||-40 / 80|
Thermal aging (70ºC 70h)
|to dilute acids and bases||EXCELLENT|
|to concentrated acids and bases||Good|
|to hydrocarbons||Not recommended|
|to organic solvents||Not recommended|