The O-ring is defined by its interior diameter and its radial section.
- O-rings are used mainly for static sealing
- As static radial gaskets: in hoses, covers, pipes and cylinders.
- As static axial seals: in flanges, plates and stoppers (plugs).
- For use in dynamic seals, they are only recommended for moderate use condition, as their operating capacity is limited by speed and pressure.
- In less demanding conditions: alternate piston machines, rods, etc.
- For conditions involving a slow swinging, spinning or spiral movement: spindles, rotating distributors, etc.
Materials for O-Rings
- We have NBR (nitrile) O-rings, Viton® O-rings, Silicone O-rings and EPDM O-rings.
- This range of materials allows the O-ring to be used for any type of fluid.
- We make FEP encapsulated gaskets
- We also have toric cord in several diameters: 3,4,5,6,8,10 (request further information) for making O-rings to specification.