Polycarbonate (PC) is an industrial thermoplastic similar to glass; it is very strong and colourless. It has the highest impact resistance of all similar materials.
The polycarbonate sheets are extremely bright, but not as shiny as methacrylate (PMMA). For outdoor use, the UV type with radiation protection on both sides, is recommended.
- Extremely high impact resistance
- Good fire protection rating
- Excellent weather resistance (for the UV type)
- Moldable, glueable and weldable
- High resistance to chemicals
- Optimum mechanical characteristics
- Works at temperatures of between 120ºC and -100ºC
- Its density is 1.2gr/cm3
- Manufacturing protective covers for machines, lamps, signs, Billboards, compartments and glass for doors
- Visual communication applications, architecture and interior design
- Manufacturing covered walkways, bus-stop shelters, domes and skylights, etc.
Technical data for Polycarbonate (PC)
|Use Temperature||-100 / 120||ºC|
|Chemical Agents Resistance||HIGH|