FLUORATED RUBBER (FKM, Viton ®)
- Fluoro rubber is by far the best elastomer available.
- It offers excellent resistance to acids, bases, aliphatic hydrocarbons, oils, ozone, steam and a large number of corrosive applications.
- Not suitable for amines, esters, ketones and steam.
- Wide range of working temperatures.
Technical characteristics of Viton®
- Excellent thermal resistance: 250ºC in continuous use, with peaks up to 300ºC.
- Excellent resistance to hydrocarbons.
- Excellent resistance to oils, greases and lubricants.
- Self-extinguishing: does not allow the propagation of the flame.
- Excellent resistance to UV rays and weathering.
- Excellent compression set at high temperatures.
- Excellent resistance to acids and alkalis.
- Weak resistance to esters and ketones.
Viton® Supply Forms
|Thickness (mm)||Medidas (mm)|
|Rolls||1,2 ,3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10||Request info|
|Sheets||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10||Request info|
|Toric Cord||Request info||Request info|
Cut to size according to International Standards (DIN, ASA, etc.) or out of standard.
Fluorinated Rubber Technical Data Sheet (FKM or Viton®)
|Hardness||Shore A||75 +/-5|
|Temperatures||ºC||-25 / 205|
|Compression Set (22h a 175ºC)||%||32|
|to dilute acids and bases||Good|
|to concentrated acids and bases||Moderate|
|to organic solvents||EXCELLENT|