The base of the product: Expanded Graphite
Belpagraf, our brand for Expanded Graphite
Our commercial brand of expanded graphite to manufacture gaskets is called Belpagraf. Consisting of pure expanded mineral graphite.
It can also be used with one or several sheets of stainless steel inside, to provide the joints with more features when it comes to offering correct sealing. This option is similar to the one used in Head gaskets, where an expanded material facilitates sealing and the inner metal sheet completes the rigidity.
Due to the characteristics of graphite, it is universally used even at high pressures and temperatures, with exceptional resistance to steam.
Product approved for work at high temperatures, certified in fire test according to API 607 and the BAM requirements.
Eco Gasket, the queen of Expanded Graphite joints
- ECO-GASKET® presents an excellent mechanical resistance to tightening: the graphite provides high elastic recovery against compression (flange joint),
remaining permanently stable without loss of volume.
- These properties are ideal for use in gas and vapours pipes.
- The Eco-Gasket gasket combines expanded mineral graphite and expanded PTFE.
- The model is patented.
A summary of the features of the Eco Gasket® that gives an idea of its high performance:
- Use temperature: -200 ºC to 300 ºC
- pH: 0 to 14
- Pressure: Up to 50 bar. Tightness tests certified by SGSat 25 bar, 24h and 50 bar, 24h.
- Permeability to gas DIN 3535/6 < 0.01 cm3/min
Applications of Expanded Graphite gaskets
Due to its excellent resistance to high temperature and pressure, it is ideal for manufacturing:
- Gaskets for steam
- Exhaust gaskets
- Gaskets for boilers
- Covers most services in refineries, petrochemicals and industry for long periods of time and different service temperatures.
- There is the possibility of compacting the material, reducing its ability to adapt by reducing its “expanded” characteristic, but improving the rigidity of the joint.
- It can even replace the use of spiral wound and conventional metal gaskets: it doesn’t rust, doesn’t lose weight or volume and doesn’t peel off.
Manufacturing formats for expanded graphite
|Name||Thickness (mm)||Measurements (mm)|
|Belpagraf SL (*)||0.8 / 1.0 / 1.5 / 2.0 / 3.0||1000 x 1000 / 1500 x 1500|
|Belpagraf SR (*)||0.8 / 1.0 / 1.5 / 2.0 / 3.0||1000 x 1000 / 1500 x 1500|
|Belpagraf SE (*)||0.8 / 1.0 / 1.5 / 2.0 / 3.0||1000×1000 / 1500×1500 / 2000×1500|
(*) SL: Sheet without stainless steel sheet.
(*) SR: Sheet with 0.05mm stainless steel sheet.
(*) SE: Sheet with stainless steel sheet 0.1mm perforated and seamed.
Other formats and thicknesses are possible, do not hesitate to consult us.